New York is one of the greatest cities in the world. And by far not a cheap one. If you recently got a job in NYC then you should consider living in NJ because living in NJ while working in NYC can have many advantages. One of the most important is affordable housing since the prices for houses and apartments in New York are sky-high. Movers NJ reviews can help you find the best movers. Check them out and you can start planning the relocation to NJ. You should also know that you have a reliable transportation option to Manhattan. And a lot easier access to parking if you own a car. Those are just some advantages.
Things you should know about New Jersey
It is situated along the Hudson River and part of Upper New York Bay. You should also know that it has more people per square mile than any other state.
Since 1949 it is illegal to pump your own gas. You will be thankful that you do not have to do it during the winter months when temperatures are subzero and during the snow. Another thing you shouldn’t do alone in the winter is moving. For a safe relocation, you will need a good moving company. Movers NYC reviews can help you find the right moving company. That will fit your needs and budget.
Pros and cons when living in NJ while working in NYC
Living in NJ while working in NYC has more advantages than disadvantages. And that will really make your choice easier, whether to relocate to New Jersey or not.
Here are the pros:
- Lower life expenses and housing are the main benefit of living in NJ while working in NYC – Finding a place in NYC is hard, and it ain’t cheap. But in New Jersey, it really is, compared to New York. USA Moving Reviews can help you find a place for you and your family. Also, you will find bigger and affordable homes in case you have a family.
- Take a train to work – It can feel strange when you tell people that you are commuting from another state to your work. But it will only take you 30 min to an hour if you are located in the north-central part of New Jersey.
- Great public schools – If you have kids you of course want only the best schools for them. You will find great schools in NJ. Also, a fact to know, New Jersey has the second-highest high school graduation rate.
While there are plenty of advantages to living in NJ while working in NYC, there are some potential drawbacks to consider as well:
- Commute costs and time – You will have to travel to your work and back, no matter if you are in NJ or located in NYC. That will take your time for sure and, add cost as well. When you add that to the costs of hiring a local moving company for relocation, this can be quite expensive.
- Potential confusion regarding taxes – Living in a different state than the one in which you work, there can be some confusion when it comes to tax withholding and paying your state taxes. Better consult a tax professional.
Living in NJ while working in NYC has more advantages if it suits your lifestyle. You will be able to find more affordable homes and also good schools for your kids. And New York is only half an hour away in case you want to just visit one of the greatest cities in the world. If you plan to move to NJ and cannot do it on your own, hire professionals to help you. Find a reliable moving company. That will help you relocate to NJ with ease. So you can start your new chapter in life.